How to Replace Golf Grips
If you’re looking for a great sport to pick up, then you may want to try golfing. It has a ton of health benefits you are able to reap, and just about anyone will be able to pick up on the sport! With that being said, you will need to make sure that you have the proper equipment when playing the game. Then you may already be acquainted with the golf club! These are an essential when playing golf. You will need to care for it properly to assure that you will be able to play with quality and ease. One of the things you must learn to do is how to replace golf grips. This is very important, as you will want to make sure that you have a quality game every time. But why exactly is replacing golf grips important anyway? In this article, we show you all about replacing your golf grips!
Importance of Replacing Your Golf Grips
If you are one who wants to start playing golf, or are already an advanced golfer, then it is very important to learn how to replace your golf grips for ultimate performance. You may have noticed that your golf grips may end up feeling a bit loose or feeling old. Loose grips come from certain weather conditions, or because of numerous uses. Faded grips can come due to the sweat of your hands, or again, because of using it a certain number of times. This makes it difficult to control your golf club. And you wouldn’t want something as simple as loose or faded grips to be the reason why you missed a shot or target. Not only will new golf grips make your gold club look newer, but it will also give you the comfort and performance when using it.
There’s no need to worry about the whole process being difficult or costing a lot. While you will be able to take it to a golf repair shop to have it done, it may be costly and take time and effort waiting for pickup. That’s why you’ll be able to do it at home with ease and without it costing a ton.
How to Replace Golf Grips
If you want to replace your golf grips, it’s best to start preparing what you need beforehand. Here are the materials you should purchase when replacing your golf grips (Not to worry, as you can find these items at home, purchase them from reputable online shops, or from local stores near you):
- The golf clubs with grips that need replacing
- Quality golf grips that are the same size as your golf shaft
- A work table or bench with vise and clamp (The vise is only optional if you don’t have one)
- Double-sided grip tape (2-inch tape is recommended)
- Grip solution or solvent
- Pan or paper for easy clean up
- Old towel or rags
- Knife or blade
Here are the steps on how to replace golf grips:
– When using a clamp, make sure that it is secure and in proper position. Remove the old grip by using a knife to make a clean cut. Peel it off properly, making sure that there is no sign of the grip found on the shaft.
– Measure how much tape you will need to cover the grip, adding one inch to it just in case. Add the tape to the club and peel off the protective side of it after. Make sure that there are no air bubbles and that the extra one inch of tape is now pushed to the butt end of the golf club.
– Add grip solvent or mineral spirits to the club and new grips to make it easier to install. Slide the new grip to the golf club, right until it covers the tape. Adjust the golf grip to your preference before the glue settles.
– Wipe off any excess solvent or mineral spirit from the club and leave it to dry for a day before using it again.
Your golf grips will need to be replaced from time to time in order for you to have a great game and avoid missing your target because of loose grips. Hopefully, this article on how to replace golf grips will have helped you learn the proper way to install new grips into your club. So what are you waiting for? If your grips need replacing, then follow these steps on how to do so. You’ll definitely have a better game and improve on your performance after.
Did you enjoy the article or have any other pieces of advice to offer on how to replace golf grips? Then comment down below! We would love to hear what you have to think about replacing golf grips and how you do it.