Golfing is one of the most popular sports out there to try. You will not only be able to build strength through the swinging of your golf clubs, but you will also be able to burn a lot of fat and calories going around the fields.
You will also be able to feel the fresh air and be healthier through golfing! It’s definitely a sport to try out with family and friends, especially if you’re one who happens to love the greens and the vast fields. Through golfing, you are not only able to be one with nature, but you will also be able to make new friends and interact with fellow golfers along the way. It truly is a great sport to try.
But if there’s one thing you need most when golfing, it’s the proper equipment! You’ll need a good golf club for starters, in order to start playing golf. You’ll be surprised to know that golf clubs aren’t just one size that fits all. It must be customized to your liking and golfing needs in order for you to be able to properly go golfing. So here’s an article showing you how to measure for golf clubs.
Why Measure For Golf Clubs?
You may be wondering why you need to have your golf clubs at the right measurement. It may be confusing and you may just want to purchase the first golf club you see, but that is a mistake most beginners make, and you wouldn’t want to have a bad golfing experience, wouldn’t you? Here are some of the reasons why you need to measure for golf clubs:
- Measuring for golf clubs will enable you to play better. Golf clubs depend on how tall you are, as well as the length of your arms. It varies for different people.
- You will be able to not only play better, but you will feel comfortable as well while playing around the fields.
- You will improve on your stance and proper form when playing golf with the correctly measured golf clubs.
- You will be able to compete and win competitions with the right golf clubs.
- Once you are able to play golf better with the right set of golf clubs, you will soon love the sport and have more fun playing!
These are just some of the reasons why you will need to measure your golf clubs. Basically, measuring your golf clubs will enable you to become a better player, may you be a beginner or advanced golfer.
How To Measure For Golf Clubs
Measuring golf clubs is a very simple and easy task to do that doesn’t require a lot! All you need when measuring for your golf clubs is basic knowledge of your measurements, such as height and length of your arms. You may also need to seek advice from fellow golfers or salesmen who are knowledgeable on choosing the right golf clubs for you. Now, here is how to measure for golf clubs:
- If you do not already know your height, take your measurements. Measure from the top of your head down to your feet. Measure while you are standing up straight, and not while you are on your swing stance. It’s best to use your most recent measurements or to measure yourself the day you are choosing your golf clubs.
- You should also measure the length of your wrist down to the floor. Again, stand up straight and do not go by your swing stance.
- If you will be having your golf clubs custom made, professionals may need to know how you usually swing in order to know the correct height for your golf clubs. They may want to see you swing with regular golf clubs in order to customize yours exactly to how you want and need it. It is also to determine your swing speed as well, so they will figure out the weight your golf clubs need to be.
- You will also need to figure out the other aspects of a golf club in order to have yours custom made for the game. This will mean knowing about your grip, the flex, and the irons you would usually use for a good game.
- To know the right golf club you need, you will have to know what club is right for you. It comes in different shapes and sizes, made out of different material suitable for every golfer’s wants and needs. You will need to ask professionals for this.
- Consider the angle on which you swing in order to get the correct size of golf clubs. Getting the length will not only depend on your height but on how you swing the golf club as well. Swing different sizes and lengths of golf clubs until you find one that is appropriate to both your height and swing. Don’t be afraid to test it out when in the store.
These are just some of the tips on how to measure for golf clubs. It will take a bit of time but it will be worth it!
Hopefully, these tips on how to measure for golf clubs will have you be able to find the right and custom fit golf clubs suitable for you. Not only will you be able to feel comfortable as you play, but you will definitely become a better golfer with the right golf clubs. With practice and quality golf clubs, you’ll be one of the best golfers on the field!
You’ll be able to find the right set of golf clubs for you by visiting and sports store to get your fit measured, and once you do, you are able to purchase it from there, or search online for the right sized golf clubs now that you are knowledgeable on the size and brand you need. Instead of buying generic golf clubs that may hurt your performance, go for custom made golf clubs for the ultimate golfing experience!