Golfing is one of the mot favorable sports out there. Many people are able to do it, from kids to adults alike. There is no limit to what you can do in the golf fields, and you’ll also be able to reap a lot of health benefits when it comes to golfing, and it isn’t just limited to burning calories!
You are able to experience the great outdoors as you breathe in the fresh air that’s great for your lungs, interact with various people as you make it through various golf courses, and you’ll also be ale o improve on various skills, such as coordination, balance, and your endurance. It is really one of the most recommended sports to do out there if you would want to relax by the greens.
But, when it comes to golfing, you will need to learn how to play properly! You obviously wouldn’t want to be the only one left in the field trying to swing but failing to even hit the ball, or having your golf ball go all the way to a whole opposite direction as you are unable to practice your swing properly. You may actually be suffering from a bad case of golf slices. So in this article, we show you how to cure a slice.
What is a Golf Slice?
Before we show you how to cure a slice, you must first be familiar with what a golf slice is first. Basically, a golf slice is one that has your golf ball swinging towards a whole opposite direction when you are supposed to be aiming for the hole. This causes your golf ball from swinging to a whole new side, maybe even hitting obstacles and other hazards that make it hard to go back to the right direction, or worse, losing your golf ball! Not to worry, because everyone goes through this, and it may be frustrating for both beginners and advanced golfers alike!
Good thing that there area ways on how to cure a slice. That is why it’s very important to learn how to cure a slice in order for you to play properly and avoid getting a low score or losing your golf balls (and your mind!).
To cure a golf slice, you must know how to do the proper swing. This is why this article will have you know the proper position and drills you must do in order to be able to cure your golf slice.
To prepare for these drills and steps, you must first prepare the following:
- Your preferred golf clubs that have the good grip and quality, suitable for your height and size.
- Golf balls that are comfortable with the right size and compression
- Be in good golf courses, or in a space around your home that is free off furniture or breakable objects
- Prepare yourself through stretches and other equipment you need for golfing, such as proper attire if playing outside.
- Of course, you must have the attitude and determination to play golf before you start doing these drills in order to stay motivated to keep playing.
Video Credit: bcannedy
How to Cure a Slice
Now that you have everything prepared, both physically and mentally, it’s time to start learning how to cure a slice. This drill with step-by-step procedures will have you learn the proper form and swing.
- Fix your grip – This means to start practicing how to grip properly, with your hands not being too tight on the golf club, but not too loose either to avoid it from letting go or making your swing too strong or weak.
- Stance – Your stance must make you feel comfortable with your gold ball by your front heel.
- Draw a backward loop with your golf club, making you feel comfortable with your grip and position. Keep making a loop for practice.
- Lift and turn – Once you are comfortable with your loops, start to practice hitting with the golf ball by lifting your golf club and releasing it, meeting with the golf ball. Make sure your shoulders are relaxed but steady, as well as the transition from upward swing to meeting the ball as smooth as possible.
- Make the swing slow at first in order for you to practice and avoid getting tired of the ball from moving to other far directions. Once you are able t swing properly at short distances, start making your swing stronger and more powerful, to the direction of the holes.
- Take it slowly and make sure that you do the drills in parts rather than one whole step in order to know what you are doing wrong at first and to improve on that before moving on to the next step.
With these steps in mind and constant practice, you’ll be able to swing properly and cure a slice in no time. It will take time, but you’ll be able to start playing properly so long as you keep at it and stay positive you’ll achieve your goals. It takes constant practice, so make sure you practice every few days to avoid losing the proper procedure in your head.
Playing golf is one of the best things one can do in his spare time, just for relaxation. But of course, it will take practice to become an effective golfer, no matter how much of a rookie or advanced player you are. The first things you must learn about is the golf slices and how to cure them, and with this drill and the proper practice, you’ll be able to understand how golf works and be able to do the proper swings in no time without those darn golf slices getting in the way of your game.
So what are you waiting for? Start practicing your swings to day and be the effective golfer you aim to be. You definitely won’t regret it and will enjoy the game better when you know how to play and swing the right direction.