How to Clean Golf Shoes
When it comes to golfing, you will reap a lot of health benefits that come along with it. You’ll be breathing in the greens while getting your daily exercise from walking around and building muscle by swinging your gold clubs! Not only that, but you get to relax as you spend quality time with your loved ones or yourself. It can be played by anyone around the world, no matter how young or old you are. Plus, you get to play in competitions and become a professional if you dream of it! But when you play golf, you must have the proper attire in order to properly play and keep yourself comfortable. One of them would be the proper golf shoes in order to keep your feet comfy and feeling great despite the long walk! Having the proper golf shoes is very important, and it is just as important to care for them in order to keep it clean and lasting for years to come.
But the question is: How can you properly clean it? There are different ways on how to do so because of its different material and make. In this article, we show you how to clean golf shoes!
Cleaning golf shoes is easier than you think! To start, you will need the following materials:
- Mild soap and water
- Clean towel
- Shoe polish
- Leather oil
- You may also want to use newspaper to avoid spilling if you are cleaning golf shoes in your home. If not, it’s best to clean it in your bathroom or outside.
Simply follow these instructions:
- Check your shoes if it has any loose or dry dirt. Wipe it off with a slightly damp towel to make cleaning easier. If mud or dirt is still “wet”, then it’s best to let it dry before you start cleaning to remove it.
- With soap and water, clean the upper part of your shoes until all dirt is gone. It’s best not to soak your shoes in water as it may ruin the material.
- Your golf shoes may have scuff marks from walking around. Use shoe polish to hide and fix those marks. There are tons of quality shoe polishes you can purchase that have the similar color of your shoes, coming with instructions and a brush for easy application. Simply brush it carefully in circular motion until the marks are gone.
- Wait for about ten minutes until the shoe polish has dried. Then, with the same soap and water, clean the outsoles. Include the spikes at the bottom of your shoe as well.
- After washing the golf shoes with soap and water, add leather oil on the upper and outsoles of your golf shoes. Use a polishing cloth and add only a few drops of leather oil to make your shoes shiny and looking new.
Here are some tips to follow when cleaning your golf shoes:
- Do NOT use a blow dryer to dry your golf shoes, as this may ruin the material. Don’t let it dry under the sun, either. It’s best to air dry it under cool shade.
- Remove your shoelaces before cleaning the golf shoes. This goes with the inner soles as well, if it is removable.
- Use shoe trees and a shoe horn on your shoes when you are not using it for protection.
- Do NOT over-tighten your cleats.
If you’re golfing, whether you’re a beginner or advanced golfer, then you must have the proper shoes. This is important in order for you to walk around in comfort and style. Also, it helps prevent injury from accidents when on the greens, or from over-walking in uncomfortable shoes. With that being said, you must also make sure to clean and maintain it well in order for it to last for years to come, looking great and clean as if it were still new. Cleaning your golf shoes isn’t the most difficult task, but it has certain processes and instructions you need to follow for it to be clean not only in looks, but away from the germs and bacteria it can get from the golf courses.
Hopefully, these tips on how to clean golf shoes will have you effectively clean your shoes without the hassle. The methods are very easy to follow, and you’ll get to reap the advantages of clean shoes that will last for a long time. Simply clean it a few times a week or after a golf game. So what are you waiting for? If you have a pair of golf shoes you would like to clean, begin cleaning it today!
Did you enjoy the article or have any more suggestions on how to clean golf shoes? Then comment down below! We’d love to hear what you have to think.