When it comes to golfing, you’ll surely reap tons of health benefits just about anyone will be able to love. From burning fat, calories, and even reaping health benefits from being one with nature, you’ll definitely have the time of your life! It’s a fun and sport that does not hold as much intensity as running around the fields, and you are also able to interact with fellow golfers or family and friends.
Plus, just about anyone of any age will be able to do it! You see children playing golf, up until seniors finding the sport a good way to relax. There are even serious competitions with fans around the world flocking to see famous and popular golfers with the name as champion golfer. It’s an awesome sport to pick up, but there are a few things to think about, such as:
How big is a golf ball?
There are numerous things you will need when it comes to golfing. If you are a beginner, the basics are your proper attire, a good set of golf clubs, and a good golf ball. That being said, these basic items are what make or break your golf game. Every little detail matters when it comes to golf, even the environmental matters. So that means that the golf ball is very important as well in order for you to be able to shoot the ball into the golf hole and move on to the next course with a high score.
Why Learn About Golf Balls?
In this article, we will show you golf facts, including the size of the usual golf ball in order to know how to choose the correct golf balls for you and your game. This is extremely important, because without knowing about your golf ball, you won’t be able to figure out how to effectively swing it and make the distance. This needs to be known in order for you to practice your swing. You’ll be surprised to know that there are different types of golf balls that vary from size to compression. The facts that we will be showing will help you choose the effective golf ball depending on how you swing, making it a good golf game for you later on.
When checking how you will be able to choose your golf balls, here is what you need:
- A good supplier of golf balls, which can be found in any local sporting store or online.
- A good knowledge of golfing (Which can be found in this article!)
- Your golf clubs in case you are able to check the strength of the golf ball in the store or when you receive it.
Golf Ball Facts
Here are the following golf ball facts you will need to know in order for you to learn how to choose a good golf ball for your game:
- How big is a golf ball? The golf ball is usually 1.68 inches in diameter, weighing about 1.62 ounces. It should not weigh more than that or it won’t be able to go the distance, based on strength of swing and weather condition such as wind. There are also smaller golf balls available, but they might go faster or farther. So long as the size of the golf ball is in ratio with its weight, then you are able to choose small to large golf balls, depending on your preference.
- There are different types of compression for golf balls, meaning the density it contains. It is usually 80, 90, 100. 80 is the lowest that will be able to improve your distance. 90 is in the middle and therefore average, best for those who simply play for leisure. 100 is the highest compression, used by advanced or competing golfers that swings with strength and a lot of power.
- There are different types of materials that create a golf ball, such as:
- Surlyn – A hard material that is popular with many golfers. It creates a farther distance when swung, and it’s an affordable choice.
- Balata – It is softer than Surlyn as it is made of rubber. There is more spin and feel-off, but more expensive and less durable.
- Elastomer – It is the combination of the two materials, offering speed and durability. It’s best for an advanced golfer who has power to his swing.
- There are three basic types of golf balls, such as:
- Two-piece – These are best when you are looking for distance and durability. It is perfect for beginners, as it won’t easily wear when hit on obstacles found in the golf course.
- Multi-layered – There is a liquid or solid core, meaning it has a soft outer cover and best for higher spin rates. It’s best for those who are more knowledgeable and have control of their swings. BUT, they are more expensive and not as durable compared to a two-piece golf ball.
- High-performance – These golf balls promise high-spin capability and distance. This is best for advanced golfers who have mastered the sport, making them in control of the golf ball and swing. These are quite costly and aren’t very durable, sensitive to being hit on hard objects or hazards found in the golf course.
Learning about golf balls is very important in order for you to choose the right one for you. With the many types of golf balls, it may be difficult for a beginner to choose from the many types of golf balls.
With these tips and facts, you will hopefully have the knowledge to be able to choose the right golf ball for your built and the way you swing, making it an effective and awesome game! You can purchase golf balls in your local sporting shop, or online, where you are able to order a variety of golf balls right in the comforts of your own home. Have fun with the game and choose the right equipment!
Incoming search terms:
- How big is a golf ball
- What Is the Size of a Golf Ball
- how big is golf ball
- the size of a golf ball