Every sport in this world is comprised of with some set of rules and regulations. These set of rules and regulations are made to maintain the quality of the game and for a fair play of the teams. No sport is complete without rules and regulations. The rules and regulations also make the sport more enjoyable and convenient to play. The game of golf is very much entertaining if played by following the rules and regulations appropriately.
Table of Contents
The Real Golf Game
Game of Golf had been played since hundreds of year but with the advancement of technology and aiming towards the improvement of the games, Rules has also evolved accordingly. Game of golf has a vast and complex set of rules that are governed to reduce the distrust among the players and the audience.
We have often seen in the tournaments that players are waiting for a game rule expert to review the shot taken. All this is because there are thousands of rules that are nearly impossible to keep in mind to play fairly.
Despite all these infringements, golfers; whether amateur or professional are still playing the game of golf by following the same set of rules. They hardly accompany any of the professional referees in order to play this beautiful game of golf. Due to such circumstances, disputes always arise at the time of a golf course. These disputes also arise because of misinterpretation of the players in order to succeed regardless of these set of rules.
Read more about: best golf push cart
So, what is the solution?
The best solution that this dispute doesn’t arise is learning through the official channels and by carrying a rule book that is available for free online. Although a very few of the golfer accompanies themselves with these rule booklets while playing.
This matter of fact is not only for amateurs, but it can also be seen in the professional players of every level regardless of their years of expertise in the game. So it is suggested to carry a rule booklet for a fair and entertaining play.
Now let’s discuss some of the written as well as unwritten set of rules that you may not know being a golfer:
Rule 27-1 C:
This rule has been revised and is one of the most important aspects of the game of golf. It defines that the player has 5 minutes to search for his lost ball. Formerly what happens is that the player was unable to notice the time of search for the lost ball. When so ever a ball is lost the player starts looking for it and sometimes other opponent players also starts looking after the ball. It consumes a huge sum of time and at last when the ball is found it was considered “In Play,” which is intern a question on the player that whether they have followed the rule or not.
This 5-minute rule was first introduced by the R&A in 1842, but it was dropped and then reintroduced in 1891. After that, it was followed by the golfers around the globe.
How can one estimate the time that is consumed on finding the lost ball?
The solution can be found in the market. With the modern technology, everything has been modernized and evolved to a whole new level. This device is specially designed to count down the 5 minutes. Every minute this device makes an audible tone along with lights to make the player aware of the minutes being consumed. This further allows the player to make a sensible judgement that whether he wants to play or he is out of the game.
Unwritten, yet important rules for the game of golf:
As we have discussed earlier that every sport has its set of rules but it is not necessary that every rule needs to write. There are many other unwritten sets of rules that pay respect to the golf course and show the etiquettes of the player towards the game. These set of rules are more in a kind of common sense which needs not to be written anywhere.
Let’s discuss these unwritten set of rules that needs to be followed by every golfer:
- The players need to show the respect to the game and to the other players that are playing on the golf course.
- You need not take a shot until the other group that is playing in front of you has gone to the secure area.
- While taking a shot if you find that someone is standing in the way of your target then you can possibly warn them to go to a secure place and then should take a shot.
- You should not stand close to someone that is going to take the shot. Always maintain a distance from them.
- Always maintain the silence on the golf course while someone other is going for a swing as they might get disturbed by your voice.
- You should never step on the putting line of the other players.
- Never delay the game and always follow the group of players that are in front of you all the time.
- Always invite the faster groups to play before you do.
- Always fulfil the damages that you have caused to the greens while taking a shot or while doing something else. Most of the times we accidentally damage the greens so always repair the spots.
- You always need to wipe the trails and marks that your ball has put on the greens.
- Never throw your golf clubs in anger and always be patient while playing the game of golf.
- Never park your cart amidst of other player ways.
- Always put the flags at the right place.
- Never walk in between the way of hole and ball.
- Always put your bag at proper places.
- Never throw garbage on the greens and maintain cleanliness on the golf course.
- Always wear the proper dress for playing golf.
Now the question arises that whether all these rules are necessary to play the game of golf?
Yes, these rules are very much necessary to play the game as it provides respect for the game and keeps the disputes away from the game of golf. Disputes always have a negative impact on the game because one doesn’t want to spoil the continuity while playing.
Most of the time it happens that players get into disputes which further results into spoiling the mood of the game. These set of rules and regulations has been designed and governed over the years that the tradition of this game should remain at its verge, and its legacy could be carried out for the future generation.
Although these days many of the golf clubs has their own set of rules that are also necessary to be known for playing at the golf course. You can find these set of rules and regulations at the golf club itself. We always suggest our fellow golfers always to ask for the booklet of the golf course and follow the rules governed by them so that you could play without any hindrance from their side.
If you want to know about some other rules that could help you out, then you can ask your question in our comment box.